Thursday, April 1, 2010

Money for Nothing


Thanks to a still unstable economy, as well as some outsourcing, it looks like I will be having more time on my hands, as well as a bi-weekly check from the State of California.


For playing WoW.


After clicking around the internet a bunch, I do really think I'd be happier in WoW if I just went balls out, and tried to get into "hardcore" shape. And now I'll actually have the time to do it.

Now, I don't expect to be in a group of the level of Paragon or Ensidia any time soon, but I definitely want to see LK die in hard mode.

4 comments:

  1. Whatever you do about your WoW life, here's hoping you can sort out the part that pays the bills quickly and painlessly. And as you're doing that, as you've said, *do* take advantage of whatever time you have.

    Best o' luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theanorak-

    Thanks so much for the well wishing, though I don't deserve it. Alas, this was my version of an April Fool's trick.

    Most other bloggers out there weretalking about quitting this or quitting that inside WoW, so I took it in a different direction: I was gonna go ALL OUT for WoW.

    One reason I don't do comedy/jokes all that much is because I'm generally pretty bad at it: I either offend people, or nobody gets it.

    I had included a picture of the Google/Topeka screenie, but I didn't think about the fact that most folks read via blog readers and wouldn't see the picture. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it was an April Fools trick for you, unfortunately that first paragraph fits perfectly for me.

    Been almost a year now, though, that I've been getting that California check...

    Sad thing, I'm getting kinda bored with WoW and though I could literally play it all day, I find incentive to play it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sougent - Sorry to hear that. :( I keep hearing that things are improving (and looking at the stock market, home prices and other things, it sort of is) but unemployment just isn't improving. At least not yet.

    As for WoW, I can EASILY it getting old for some folks. Myself incuded.

    ReplyDelete