In general, there are 4 typesPvP gear, each with it's own level of investment to get:
- Heirloom PvP Gear, purchased with Stone Keeper Shards.
- Crafted PvP gear. This will generally be iLvl 187 or there abouts.
- Honor/Mark purchased PvP gear. This can be Potent! (especially the Wrathful stuff!)
- Arena PvP Gear. Purchased with Arena points with a minimum rank requirement (hard to get for a noobie)
Well, there's one other place to get PvP gear, though it may not be perfect:
Outdated Heroic/Tier/Epic gear! (you know, the T-9 stuff, your Heroic drops, and maybe even some T-10 stuff that got replaced by ToC and/or ICC gear)
Huh? NONE of that has any Resilience, the bread & butter of PvP!!!
True, but it will have AWESOME "normal" stats for whatever spec you play, AND, you will likely have 10-12 gem slots that can accept resilience gems. Either Mystic King's Amber (a JC cut) or Kharmaa's Grace, which you just buy with Stone keeper Shards. Both of which are +20 Resilience. That's 200-240 resilince right there!
(thanks to WoW gem-finder for the easy search & filter)
And then you can add:
- Arcanum of the XYZ - Add 20-25 resilience (depending on particular one, there
are SEVERAL) to a head slot.
- Earthen Leg Armor - Add 40 resilience to
- Enchant Chest - Exceptional Resilience - Add 20 resilience to your
- Inscription of XYZ - (like the Arcanums, there are several) Add 15 resilience to your shoulders
(thanks to epicenchants for the easy to use search/filter)
That's another 90+ resilience there, for a bare minimum of 300 resilience. Not too shabby!
While this won't be a truly "Epic" (let alone Gladiator) set, it will still be epic in its own way, and will get you a "full set" of PvP gear for only the cost of a few gems & enchants. (just remember not to throw away all that old gear!)
Remember: reduce, reuse, recycle