Monday, October 26, 2009

Bad Boys: Will Sometimes Trick AND Treat...

So I'm running around Winterspring last night, dropping off some E'ko
and messing around when Carbonite flares up: "Enemy Blahblah seen in your area." (I honestly don't know what the name was) I scout around the area, and lo-and-behold, there's a level 52 Belf Hunter fighting some Yeti.
.
And he's flagged PvP. (remember, I'm on a "normal" Server)
.
So I saunter over and stand and watch him finish the fight. (I'm mounted, of course)
He finally notices the 73 Alliance Pally staring at him, so he mounts/bolts. Perhaps he has Pathfinding and assumes/thinks he can out run me. (repeat after me: no)
.
A hint for those without much knowledge of Paladins... Similar to Hunters, we can get some tier 3 talents that increase out speeds (both mounted & unmounted) with Pallies getting a max boost of +15% (compared to a 10% for Hunters) In addition, at level 62, we get this handy Aura called "Crusader Aura". This gives us a 20% mounted speed bonus. The only folks that keep up with us are Death Knights.
.
So, anyways, this guy figures out quickly that he's not going to outrun me, so he starts jinking back & forth. That doesn't work, so he just starts running south from Everlook. (going to Everlook MAY have been a better choice, since there's at least the possibility of other Horde being there to support him)
.
I harass him for a bit more and then just peel off. I had run through my possible attack: Repentance then Hammer of Justice? Reverse? Then hit with Judgement of Justice? (Which also stuns) I laid out my plan, then just decided not to be a (bigger) jerk.
.
After all, maybe he just finished running a BG and was still flagged? (in a "normal" realm, you stay flagged PvP for 5 minutes after ANY PvP activity)
.
So little Mr. Hunter got a bit of a trick: me hunting HIM, and following him around for a couple minutes, and then a treat with me not killing him. I'll be honest though, and say that I was ><>
.
Another part of me wanted to emphasize that mounting and running is almost never a good idea. Especially when your best defense is only available when not mounted (your pet).
.
*sigh*
.
Ah well, guess this means the next sod I run across like this is gonna get worked over a bit... I can only play nice for so long... :P
.
EDIT - sorry for the wonky formatting. BLogspot's editing functions (and basic simple functions) pretty much sux rox (a bad thing)

1 comment:

  1. You are a very funny man, Jeff. I was laughing my ass off at the "(repeat after me: no)" part.

    ReplyDelete